Re: [O] Location of OpenDocument style files should be configurable

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Location of OpenDocument style files should be configurable
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:56:01 +0100

Am 29.12.2011 12:24, schrieb Ulrich Mueller:
Now org-odt.el currently defines org-odt-styles-dir in a defconst,
and it searches only in ../etc/styles/, ./etc/styles/, and ./etc/org/
relative to lispdir. Obviously it cannot find the files in the Gentoo
location.

IMHO, an _installed_ org mode should never heuristically search any support files -- the location should either be recorded into org-install.el as a constant or made configurable as a defcustom, whichever is more appropriate.

Now my question, could the defconst be changed to a defvar, so that we
can specify the location in our site-start file? Or, preferably, could
the etcdir specified in "make" command be honoured in the lisp code?

Jambunathan will have to answer that, but a defvar seems the wrong solution to this problem. Also site-start should probably not be (mis-)used to configure the behaviour of packages that the user may not actually use. Making use of variables set in the Makefile is possible, but I would not recommend to do this in any other file except org-install.el.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)