Re: [O] Orthogonality of blocks

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Orthogonality of blocks
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:48:35 +0530

Charles Turner <address@hidden> writes:

> @Jambunathan: Your examples render the blocks with sizes proportional
> to the contained text, rather than aligning as a table. I find that
> aesthetically displeasing :-(

I am unable to understand what "sizes proportional to the contained
text" means. What viewer are you using?

I am using a fairly recent version of LibreOffice (v3.4.4) and I see
that the positions of the blocks are a bit staggered (See portions
marked red in the attached png)

Furthermore, the srcline where the cursor is - marked with an ellipse -
uses OrgSrcBlockLastLine style. If the style were modified to
OrgSrcBlock style, I see that the above staggering gets less
accentuated. A plausible explanation for this behaviour is that the
"space below paragraph" introduced by "OrgSrcBlockLastLine" spills over
to the next paragraph which is in the second table column.

One of the reasons that the staggering persists is because of the change
in space settings between "Text_20_body" and "OrgSrcBlock" styles (Note
that the "Say Hello in ..." lines and the src block lines use different
 fonts and font sizes and different paragraph styles)

AFAIK, there is nothing amiss with the XML that the ODT exporter dumps
and I am inclined to think that the issue is with LibreOffice rendering
engine.

ps: I am not much concerned xhtml exporter as it is mostly a museum
piece cherished just by me.