Re: [O] ODT Exporter

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] ODT Exporter
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 23:39:25 +0530

Rainer

> I had noticed Org Mode v. 7.8 integrates Jambunathan's ODT exporter
> that I had used successfully when it was still labelled as a
> contribution.
>
> After installing org-mode 7.8 on my Windows XP machine, I can't seem
> to be able to use the ODT exporter, though.  Trying to do so, I am
> getting the error message "Cannot find factory styles file. Check
> package dir layout".  I have set the variable org-odt-styles-dir to
> C:/Programme/Emacs/site-lisp/org/styles where OrgOdtStyles.xml and
> OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml reside, to no avail.
>
> Any ideas what I maay have overlooked?

The problem is with the 7.8.02 release tar.

I see that it still has the buggy Makefile.

(The buggy Makefile was subsequently fixed by Dave as part of this
thread: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg50043.html)

The workaround for the above issue is this: Replace the Makefile in
release tar with the one down below before doing a 'make install'.

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=blob_plain;f=Makefile;hb=e514982ae126c058b965dd00393b4e68e5f8522d