Re: [O] reveal only current subtree

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] reveal only current subtree
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:04:10 +0100

On 17.12.2011, at 15:20, sergio wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Is it possible to reveal only current subtree but entirely?
>
> For example I have following structure:
>
> * a
> * b
> ** d
> ** e
> *** f
> *** g
> qwe
> qwe
> *** h
> *** i
> * c
>
> after jump to /b/e/g I see
>
> * a
> * b ...
> ** e ...
> *** g ...
> * c
>
> the cursor is on g and i can expand it by tab.
> And the main question is how to show all children of e without moving
> cursor or collapsing (previously expanded) g?

You can do

   C-u 1 TAB

to cycle on the level 1 hearing without moving point.

Also, if you always want this to happen after org-goto,

you can do

  M-x customize-group RET org-reveal-location

and customize the exact behavior for org-goto by
pressing INS at each relevant variable, selecting `org-goto'
from the context drop-down menu and setting the desired value
for this specific context.

Hope this helps!

- Carsten