Re: [O] Bibliographic references

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Bibliographic references
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:21:42 -1000

Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:

> On 17/12/11 11:25:36, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>> than
>> html,
>> This
>> >>

>> > If libreoffice can import HTML, maybe the tex4ht way can work for
>> ODT as
>> > well?
>> >
>> > Nick
>> >

>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> Good catch.  In principle, yes, though I've never worked with
>> libreoffice.  We follow a similar path to produce Word versions of
>> our
>> documents when clients require them: Org -> LaTeX -> tex4ht -> html -
>> >
>> Word -> Save As -> lots of tidying by hand.  It works, but it isn't a
>> pretty process with our setup.  I'm sure folks on this list could do
>> better, though.
>>
>> tex4ht has some switches that help it produce output suited for this
>> path.  It was designed to be configured very extensively.
>>
>> What I meant earlier (but didn't express well) was that I didn't know
>> if
>> it was possible to generate bibliographies from keys in the ODT
>> environment.  I'm guessing there must be a way to do this (Endnote?,
>> Zotero?), but I haven't looked into it.
>
> Even though my original question was a bit ambiguous, what I meant was
> generating the bibliography from keys. One org input file, output to
> all formats does the right thing.
>
> oolatex produces reasonably good OO output, including bibliography, so
> the org -> LaTeX -> oolatex sequence would work, but, again, seems
> clumsy. Particularly since Jambunathan's ODT export looks so good.
>
> Alan
>

>> Tom
>>
>> --
>> Thomas S. Dye
>> http://www.tsdye.com

Aloha Alan,

It would probably be fairly easy to add a variable such as
org-latex-to-oo-process patterned after org-latex-to-pdf-process and
then export to oo through oolatex directly from org-mode.  That might
get rid of the clumsiness you're experiencing.

I'm still curious how one generates a bibliography from keys in the ODT
world, or if it is possible.

All the best,
Tom

--