[O] How to control face for plain links

From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA
Subject: [O] How to control face for plain links
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:09:55 +0900

Dear all,

Hi.

Does anyone know the best way to disable face for plain links?

In Japanese sentences, I handle a link without a space, e.g.

[ja] 公式ページは、http://orgmode.org/にあります。
[en] http://orgmode.org/ is the official website.

When the `org-activate-plain-links' is active,
the overlay with underline will be applied to the end of line.
An org-descriptive-links style (e.g. [[http://a][link]]) has
the same issue when `org-activate-plain-links' is active.
This is probably not comfortable for many Japanese users.

I therefore comment out a line in org.el as follows:

org-set-font-lock-defaults, org.el, Line:5773
           (if (memq 'angle lk) '(org-activate-angle-links (0 'org-link t)))
;          (if (memq 'plain lk) '(org-activate-plain-links))
           (if (memq 'bracket lk) '(org-activate-bracket-links (0 'org-link t)))

Any alternative solutions?

I think a toggle option like `org-toggle-link-display' is needed.

Best regards,
Takaaki Ishikawa