Re: [O] centering blocks cause latex export to crash

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] centering blocks cause latex export to crash
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:16:07 -0500

Robert Goldman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks.  But the workaround is not ideal here --- the centering block is
> supposed to say "Not Cleared for Public Release" for reasons of
> conditions on my research grant, and that really is not supposed to be
> in a heading.

Can it be in a watermark? Something like this perhaps:

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{draftwatermark}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \SetWatermarkText{Not Cleared for Public Release}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \SetWatermarkFontSize{42pt}

> I have another work-around, but I think the general principle is that
> forbidding text before the first header is not an ideal constraint. If
> there's a way to have a header that doesn't produce output (a la
> noexport), but that doesn't suppress its children, that might be a handy
> way to accomplish this.  I don't know if that's possible (that would
> also be handy for outlines where you want the outline structure to "fade
> away" and just leave you with the text that the outline inspired).

Agreeed - I believe it's a long standing weakness in the implementation
of the exporter and I also believe we'll see a reimplementation (soon?)
based on Nicolas's parser. BTW, I wonder what the parser says about text
before the first headline.

Nick