Re: [O] Function for html-preamble and html-postamble in org-publish

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Function for html-preamble and html-postamble in org-publish
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:30:19 +0100

Hi Bill,

Bill Jackson <address@hidden> writes:

> In version 7.7, a function provided to org-publish via :html-preamble or
> :html-postamble no longer accepts a property list of export options.  I do
> not know if this change is a bug, or if it is deliberate.

This is deliberate: I think the average user should not worry about
handling opt-plist if she doesn't know what it is for.

Still, as the manual says, you can use opt-plist within your function.

Can you use it so?

There was a problem with inserting the output string of the function,
I just fixed this.  Let me know if things are fine on your side.

> I was able to restore the previous behavior simply by editing org-html.el
> to again pass opt-plist on the two lines, but am interested in what the
> future direction is for customizing the HTML output for org-publish.  Was
> this change unintentional, a deliberate minor change, or is org-publish or
> org-html undergoing significant re-design?  If this was deliberate, is
> there an alternate method for customization functions to access the
> property list?

Well, this area is definitely going to evolve in the next few months.  I
try not to break anything in the meantime.

Best,

--
 Bastien