[O] Function for html-preamble and html-postamble in org-publish

From: Bill Jackson
Subject: [O] Function for html-preamble and html-postamble in org-publish
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:38:13 -0800

In version 7.7, a function provided to org-publish via :html-preamble or :html-postamble no longer accepts a property list of export options. I do not know if this change is a bug, or if it is deliberate.

I pass functions to :html-preamble and :html-postamble to integrate generated HTML pages into a web site. In previous versions of org-mode, such functions took a single argument as documented in org-export-html-premable: "The function takes the property list of export options as its only argument." In version 7.7 this appears to have changed in org-html.el, org-export-as-html, lines 1,340 and 1,791 (they no longer pass opt-plist), without any change to documentation. Further changes to this code have been made in the git repository.

I was able to restore the previous behavior simply by editing org-html.el to again pass opt-plist on the two lines, but am interested in what the future direction is for customizing the HTML output for org-publish. Was this change unintentional, a deliberate minor change, or is org-publish or org-html undergoing significant re-design? If this was deliberate, is there an alternate method for customization functions to access the property list?

Thanks for any insight,
Bill