Re: [O] What do you use to identify projects (in the GTD sense)

From: Viktor Rosenfeld
Subject: Re: [O] What do you use to identify projects (in the GTD sense)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:49:48 +0100

I use Bernt's approach with a few modifications. Basically I don't use
subprojects. I think Bernt's handling of subprojects is broken, because
a NEXT keyword burried in a subproject keeps the entire project off the
stuck projects lists. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

My solution is to move a project's task that itself requires subtasks
out of the project and make it a top-level project in itself.

This makes archiving somewhat cumbersome, as (sub) projects may get
archived out of order. But for me archiving is a very manual process
anyway. I delete lots of done projects or move the information to a
notes file.

I also have a lot of simple tasks that aren't really part of project.
(Like "watch my sister's kids". What project would I put that under?)
These one-shot tasks appear on my next action agenda block along with
project next action. They do not appear in the "Stuck projects" agenda
block if they dont' have a NEXT keyword, but in a a seperate agenda
block, because there is no need to determine the next action. I just
have to determine the work context or maybe schedule them for a
particular day.