Re: [O] Inconsistency between #+OPTIONS and EXPORT_OPTIONS on LaTeX head

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Re: [O] Inconsistency between #+OPTIONS and EXPORT_OPTIONS on LaTeX heading levels
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:01:09 +0000

Hi Bastien,

On 11 Dec 2011 at 15:55Z, Bastien wrote:

>> When I set #+OPTIONS: H:1, I get what I expect: \section{} is the
>> only heading used and second level outline levels are converted to
>> whatever my org-export-lower-levels is set to, and the table of
>> contents just has the \section{}s in it.
>> When I set EXPORT_OPTIONS to H:1, I get \section{} and \subsection{}
>> in the body text, but the table of contents only lists \section{}s.

> EXPORT_OPTIONS is for a tree, while #+OPTIONS is for the whole doc.

Ah perhaps I should have been clearer when describing what I did, sorry.
I set #+OPTIONS at the top of the file, and EXPORT_OPTIONS in the
properties drawer for the tree I actually want, as you describe, as two
cases, and then exported just the tree with C-c C-e 1 d in both cases,
to get the behaviour described.

The point is that I require the #+OPTIONS to get what I want, when it
ought to just work with the EXPORT_OPTIONS since I am just exporting
that tree.

>> I want the first behaviour myself, but in any case, shouldn’t this
>> be consistent between the two?

> Maybe you can send an org file as an example?

Certainly, you’ll find a stripped down file attached.

Thanks!