[O] Is it possible for checkbox items to have :LOGBOOK: drawers?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: [O] Is it possible for checkbox items to have :LOGBOOK: drawers?
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 18:13:14 +0100

Platform: Ubuntu 10.10
          GNU Emacs 23.1.1
          git version of org-mode

When I create a TODO task, I first create the task, then I create
checkboxes for the things I would like to do, ie.

* My tasks
** TODO here's a new task [/]
 - [ ] First I need to do this
 - [ ] Then I need to do that
 - [ ] Finally I need to finish this

The reason for using checkboxes, is that I find them more visually
pleasing than nested TODOs.  But when logging progress, I can't use the
logbook functionality (like I could have done with nested TODOs).  I
have ended up doing this:

* My tasks
** TODO here's a new task [/]
 - [ ] First I need to do this
  - Logbook:
    - My first note
    - My second note
 - [ ] Then I need to do that
 - [ ] Finally I need to finish this

That works, after a fashion.  But I get no timestamp on the notes,
unless I remember to do a `C-.'

I've tried putting :LOGBOOK: drawers in the checkboxes, and that seemed
to work at first, but then I discovered that all notes ended up in the
topmost checkbox, which just happened to reside under the first
checkbox.

Is there some variable that I can set to make :LOGBOOK: drawers work
under checkboxes?  Is there some other similar solution?  (I'm on git
org-mode at home, and use native emacs 23 org-mode and 7.7 on the
windows boxes at work)

Thanks!

- Steinar