Re: [O] Minimal overhead Org-mode blogging system

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Minimal overhead Org-mode blogging system
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 15:19:46 +0100

* Puneeth Chaganti <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Kurt,

Almost :-)

> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
>> * Puneeth Chaganti <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/punchagan/blog-files
>>
>> ... I really do like your blog (and found several very interesting
>> entries *g*) but I (can not and) do not want to use Wordpress.
>
> I'm sorry that the repository doesn't have a README,

You have to add a README.org to the project - it's definitely worth
it :-)

I'd wish for a short description of:
* software requirements
* blog workflow
* limits

It's part of my letter to Santa Claus already *g*

> but this solution doesn't use Wordpress.

Oh. Sorry, I read something about Wordpress in the workflow in one
of your blog posts. Must have been an older article then.

> It basically uses the publishing mechanism of org-mode and is
> based on ideas (and code) from org-jekyll and reprise.py
> (https://github.com/uggedal/reprise).

So I guess I have to try it by myself in order to estimate its value
to my requirements.

Thanks anyway!

--
Karl Voit