[O] babel: tblname not being expanded into function/var

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [O] babel: tblname not being expanded into function/var
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 02:14:51 -0500

Hello,

I've been tinkering with different operating systems lately, and
the past couple of times I've tried to install my org-mode setup,
I receive this error:

>Symbol's value as variable is void: shortcut-definition list

My init.el loads org-mode-config.org using org-babel, like this:
(require 'org-install)
(org-babel-load-file "~/.emacs.d/org-mode-config.org")

Here's the relevant section of my org-mode-config.org file:

#+TBLNAME: shortcut-definition-list
| Blog               | <f6> b    | blog                                 |
| Customer 1         | <f6> m    | customer1                            |

#+srcname: map-nav(shortcut-definition-list=shortcut-definition-list)
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(require 'cl)
(defun map-navigation-shortcuts(shortcut-def)
(global-set-key (read-kbd-macro (nth 1 shortcut-def))
                 (lexical-let ((shortcut-def shortcut-def))
                   (lambda ()
                     (interactive)
                     (org-id-goto (nth 2 shortcut-def))))))
(mapcar #'map-navigation-shortcuts shortcut-definition-list)
#+end_src

-------------- end snippets -----------
I've found that the babel-generated "org-mode-config.el" does *not* contain
a variable called "shortcut-definition-list" on my new OS (Arch
Linux).  On my Mac,
the org-mode-config.el *does* contain a variable called
"shortcut-definition-list".

On my new OS, I'm using Emacs version 23.3.1 and org-mode version 7.7 (latest).
I've run make clean && make && sudo make install in my src/org
directory, so I'm pretty
sure I'm using the right code.

I had this same problem when I ran Ubuntu 11.11, and I was pulling my
hair out trying to
get this problem fixed, and it suddenly went away!  This indicates to
me that it could be a
transient problem like having some temp files laying around or
something like that.

Any advice or help is appreciated!!

Thanks,
--Nate