Re: [O] [OT] The joy of elisp

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] The joy of elisp
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:34:11 -0600

Here's a new version:

(defun find-wiki-by-tags (tags)
  (interactive "sEnter tags: ")
(shell-command (format "cd ~/org;  ack \"\\* tags.*(%s).*\" --all" tags) "mybuf")
(set-buffer "mybuf")
(beginning-of-buffer)
(ignore-errors
  (while (search-forward-regexp "\\(.*?\\):")
    (replace-match "[[~/org/\\1]]" )
    ))
(org-mode)
)

Problems:

1) It's slow, not sure where the bottleneck is (ack in itself is fast, I suppose the problem lies in elisp's side)
2) The regexp is not optmized, and I'm getting some trash, although it lists the files for me so it works well enough now.

- Marcelo.