Re: [O] new ikiwiki export plugin for org

From: tycho garen
Subject: Re: [O] new ikiwiki export plugin for org
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 23:59:51 -0500

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 10:23:11PM -0700, Chris Gray wrote:
> I've created a new export plugin for org-mode files for the ikiwiki wiki
> compiler.  It's in a very preliminary state at
> https://github.com/chrismgray/ikiwiki-org-plugin

Oh very nice.

I saw your questions on the topic in #ikiwiki recently, and I'm very
interested to follow your progress. How are you handling page directives
and other parts of the ikiwiki specific markup in org?

I'm a longtime user of ikiwiki but I'm pretty comfortable with Markdown,
so I typically don't really feel like I need to make my ikiwiki's use
non-markdown formats. In the past when I've tried this, my feeling is
that while ikiwiki *should* be pretty agnostic with regard to markup
language, it isn't really.

Which is to say that ikiwiki creates links between pages by inserting
raw HTML into markdown pages and then hands the page off to the markdown
interpreter. Which is great, but means that the other processors have to
handle inline html in the same way as markdown, or links break. You can
turn off the inter-page linking, but when you do that ikiwiki ends up
doing very little. I've also not found a way to selectively turn the
link processing plugin on or off...

Cheers,
tychoish

--