Re: [O] Can't get column view working

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Can't get column view working
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 23:27:12 -0500

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> could someone please confirm about the status of column view in the
> present git.
> I can't even get examples in worg working. All I get are long empty lines
> Any ideas

C-c C-c on the #+COLUMNS: line? But if you open the file anew,
everything should be set up correctly.

In any case, it seems to be working for me: I tried

#+COLUMNS: %25TITLE %10AUTHOR %5YEAR %10CUSTOM_ID

* foo

** bar
   :PROPERTIES:
   :TITLE: Catch-22
   :AUTHOR: Joseph Heller
   :YEAR: 1967
   :CUSTOM_ID: supercalifrag
   :END:

** baz
   :PROPERTIES:
   :TITLE: Catch-23
   :AUTHOR: U.N.Known
   :YEAR: 2011
   :CUSTOM_ID: ilisticexpi
   :END:

Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.597.g7fab)

Did you try with emacs -q -l minimal.emacs? Maybe some customization
of yours is messing it up.

Nick