Re: [O] Beamer export of a subtree seems wrong.

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export of a subtree seems wrong.
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 23:52:14 +0900

Hi Eric,
thanks for answering.

> Exporting a sub-tree does not work for beamer because of how org treats
> a sub-tree.  Basically, when compared with an export of the full file,
> all headings are promoted one level up with the top level heading taking
> on the role of the "file" enclosing the talk.
>
> If for the whole file, you have using the structure that says that 1st
> level headings are topics and second level are slides, then when
> exporting a sub-tree, the 1st level heading becomes the title of the
> talk and second level headings become the topics.  This is not what you
> expect.

O.K. I got it (I guess). What a pitty, because it would be very nice
to be able to split lecture notes into either individual notes per
class or into a full lecture script by simply exporting the full
document or a single subtree.
Do you see any chance that the new way of exporting using
org-elements, recently discussed will help to get this feature.
At least, it seems to me it would be easier doable.

Torsten