[O] HTML5 Backend

From: Pavel Panchekha
Subject: [O] HTML5 Backend
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:09:30 -0500

I'd like to add a backend that renders org-mode to spiffy new HTML5.  Presumably this would exist together with the existing XHTML backend (maybe eventually replacing it, I guess).  I've looked around and can't find anything describing the internals of Org-mode; are there any starting points, or should I just crack open the code?  Anything particularly non-obvious to keep in mind while writing the HTML5 backend?

- Pavel Panchekha