Re: [O] TABLES: aesthetics on columns

From: Jonas Hörsch
Subject: Re: [O] TABLES: aesthetics on columns
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:25:44 +0100

On Wed, Nov 23 2011, Daniel Martins wrote:

> 2) Can I locally define a table as completely in math mode?
>
> So I could type e.g.
>

> A)
> |---+---+---+---|
> |   | M | l | k |
> |---+---+---+---|
> | M | - |   |   |
> | l |   | - |   |
> | k |   |   | - |
> |---+---+---+---|
>
> Instead of
>
> B)
> |-----+-----+-----+-----|
> |     | $M$ | $l$ | $k$ |
> |-----+-----+-----+-----|
> | $M$ | -   |     |     |
> | $l$ |     | -   |     |
> | $k$ |     |     | -   |
> |-----+-----+-----+-----|
>
> and when I export a table like A) to Latex I have the aspect of B) instead?

with a header of
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newcolumntype{m}{>{$}l<{$}}
(where you define a new type of column, which always puts a $ to the
beginning and to the end of a cell)

and
#+ATTR_LATEX: align=mmmm   ( <- one m for each column )
directly above your table (this sets the mandatory argument for the
tabular environment, so that the new column type is used for every
column)

should probably do it, if i understand everything correctly.

cheers,
jonas