Re: [O] [org-babel] switching off (re-)evaluation of code blocks during

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] [org-babel] switching off (re-)evaluation of code blocks during Org export
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:15:55 -0500

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hence, maybe we should be able to set 2 possible behaviors[1] for the
>>`eval'
>> parameter:
>>
>> - one for the interactive mode (yes/query/no), and
>> - one for the export mode (yes/no, and maybe query as well?).
>>

> Agreed,
>
> The eval header argument now supports the following four options
> (updated in the manual under "Specific header arguments").
>
> | no or never           | no evaluation anytime                 |
> | query                 | query before evaluation anytime       |
> | no-eval or never-eval | no evaluation during export           |
> | query-eval            | query before evaluation during export |
>
> Thanks for the suggestion

Hi Eric,

Should the last two be named export-no, export-never, and export-query.
That seems more self-documenting to me.

I'm going to be confused about the difference between 'no' and 'no-eval'
in the future.  Since the eval header argument already has 'eval' in it
is it not more useful to specify these values are export related?

Regards,
Bernt