Re: [O] Add publishing with utf8

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Add publishing with utf8
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 20:59:33 -0500

sindikat <address@hidden> wrote:

> I use standard org-mode methods to publish my projects to
> html. However by default they are published with tag <meta
> http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"/>,
> however i need charset to be changed to "utf8", as i am using Russian
> in my blog too. Please make it possible somehow. Best wishes.

My html files are exported with charset=utf-8. I believe that that's
because my org-mode buffers are utf-8 and ultimately because I've
set LANG=en_US.UTF-8.

Try the following when visiting your org file (actually, a backup of your org
file :-))

 o C-x RET f utf-8 RET

 o Save the file.

 o Then export it to HTML.