Re: [O] Use prefix arg 0 to inhibit note taking for TODO change

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Use prefix arg 0 to inhibit note taking for TODO change
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:29:26 +0100

Hi Carsten,

You committed:

> Use prefix arg 0 to inhibit note taking for TODO change
>
> * lisp/org.el (org-todo): Interpret 0 prefix arg as note inhibitor.
>
> Sometimes I want to quickly make a few TODOs done in the agenda and I
> want to bypass the note taking I have normally set up.  With this
> change, I can press `0 t d' in the agenda to do this.

But isn't "dangerous" to use the `0' for that, as it is used, with other
effects, as a speed command.

I know that `0' does not work as of today in the agenda view, but I think
speeds commands (I mean: one-letter shortcuts) should work in both places
(that is, in the agenda, and in column 0 of Org headlines), and quite a lot
already are shared (`I' for clocking, `t' for changing states, etc.).

Wouldn't we want to try to make those two sets equal?

Best regards,
  Seb

PS- It's true that we can see inconsistencies, as of today, between some
one-letter keys in the agenda and the speed commands. An example that comes to
mind is:

- `;' is used to set tags in *speed commands*
- `:' is used to set tags in *agenda* (and `;' is used for starting the time)

--
Sebastien Vauban