Re: [O] New feature branch: org-xhtml-and-org-odt

From: joakim
Subject: Re: [O] New feature branch: org-xhtml-and-org-odt
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 11:01:03 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Joakim,
>
> address@hidden writes:
>
>> Interesting. Is this available in a branch somewhere? Meanwhile I'll
>> have a look at org-lparse.
>
> Not yet.
>
> org-lparse is a line parser, currently used for the ODT exporter,
> and planned to be used for the HTML exporter (which is already based
> on line parsing, but does not use an external parser.)
>
> The parser from Nicolas stores an Org buffer (or region) into a list,
> reflecting the structure of all the elements and their properties.
>
> Maybe you saw the slides I presented at the GNU Hackers meeting,
> I presented an sneak preview of an early prototype by Nicolas - see
>
> http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/emacs-orgmode-gnu-hackers-meeting-2011.html
>
> See slide 19.
>
> HTH,

Yes, I saw the presentation and the idea seems nice. However it would be
nice if the code could be put under public scrutiny regardless of its
current state.

For instance, Semantic(part of CEDET in the Emacs core) implements on
the fly parse tree generators for a number of languages and it also has
proof of concept support for emacs outlines, of which org is a
descendant. So it would be nice to know if the org parser re-uses
Semantic or if it chooses another path. If Semantic was used we could
also use SRecode as a template language to implement other formats. I
could certainly use it in my application. Even if the new org parser
doesn't reuse the parser part of semantic, Wisent, we could probably
still hook it into Semantic. Anyway, we are all busy so it would be nice
to reduce wasted effort.

--
Joakim Verona