[O] How to define repeating events that do not show up after there dates

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: [O] How to define repeating events that do not show up after there dates are passed?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 22:51:35 +0100

Hi,

Recently, Jan explained to me the difference about a <date> and a "SCHEDULED:
<date>"; see http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2011-11/msg00200.html

I'm wondering about what is the best way to put in repeating events in
org-mode. For example, image you visit your friends every Thursday at 16:00.
Now putting the event in as

TODO Visit friends
SCHEDULED: <2011-11-10 Thu +1w>

Now if I fire up C-c a L, I see that visit/meeting for this Thursday and also
for the following Thursday. However, it also appears when doing C-c a a on
Friday, namely as an event that happened in the past (on Thu) and which is
still scheduled. So for this repeating event, I don't want it to appear on
Friday as something I forgot on Thursday.
Well, then one shouldn't (?) use SCHEDULED. Okay, so just put it in like this:

TODO Visit friends
<2011-11-10 Thu +1w>

Now on Friday it does not appear anymore. However, if I fire up C-c a L it also
disappeared showing "[... 12 empty days omitted]" although on the Thursdays
within the 12 days, there's clearly the meeting with the friends.... So getting
"12 empty days" is not right, since I actually have a meeting on Thursdays...

How can I put in repeating events so that they show up on C-c a L but they
shouldn't show up after the corresponding date passed?

Cheers,

Marius