[O] Custom agenda -- running functions, not just setting vars

From: Tommy Kelly
Subject: [O] Custom agenda -- running functions, not just setting vars
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:32:12 +0000

I'm trying to set up a custom agenda view such that when I enter my
agenda I get, automatically:

- daily view mode (for today)
- log file mode on
- grid on
- Follow mode on

I can see from the docs how to modify the various variables that
control some of how agendas look. But the above are controlled by
functions and I'm not sure how to have those invoked when I open an
agenda.

I've been messing with org-mode-agenda-hook and
org-agenda-after-show-hook, but I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Tommy