Re: [O] zotero plain, org-odt, and citations in general

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: Re: [O] zotero plain, org-odt, and citations in general
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 23:03:15 -0800

At Tue, 8 Nov 2011 21:06:37 -0500,
Matt Price wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am about to start experimenting with Erik Hetzner's zotero-plain, which
> allows the use of zotero as a bibliographic manager in emacs & especially
> org-mode (https://bitbucket.org/egh/zotero-plain as well as a couple of
> threads on this list, I think).  I'm wonderinghow other people have used
> it, and in particular whether there's any way to preserve the zotero markup
> across exports to odt especially. That is, I'd like to keep the original
> citations embedded in the final odt, so that I can continue to use zotero
> in an odt or doc file after it's been exported from org.
>
> This would take me very , very close to a complete org-centric workflow
> that still lets me produce documents for consumption by my MS-using
> colleagues.  I really hope it's possible to do! If anyone has done it, I
> would really love to hear about it.

Hi Matt,

org-mode support in Zotero plain has not received as much work
recently as the docutils (reStructuredText) support. Basically all
that one can do in org-mode at the moment is insert & update
citations, and following citation links to the entry in Zotero.

zot4rst (docutils) support can transform rst documents into odt
documents with citations generated by Zotero. [1]

It might be possible to implement something similar in the org-mode
Zotero, but I don’t know how, and it might be difficult.

best, Erik

1. However, it should be noted that this support is different from
that provided by the OpenOffice plugin, and one cannot edit a document
generated from a rst file using the Zotero/OpenOffice plugin.

Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.