Re: [O] About commit named "Allow multi-line properties to be specified

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] About commit named "Allow multi-line properties to be specified in property blocks"
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:01:37 -0700

>> How do you unset a var?  By resetting the list with a new var
>>(without `+'),

See, the example in my original email, a property with var (no "+")
wipes out any previously existing var properties.

>> and adding all the other valid vars?  If so, not really
>> unsetting... You simply void all vars, and create new definitions...

yes

> Exactly - with "unseting" var, I don't refer to unsetting a single
> variable, but all variables.
>
> But as we have the var+, what about a var- to unset a single variable?

This is not possible.  Up until this point we continue to treat the var
property as any other property, and we just allow the construction of a
long var value, such as "foo=1, bar=2, baz=3".  Introducing a var- would
be a large departure from current property handling and would require
parsing lines like the above.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte