Re: [O] [OT] s/mime / mail encryption

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] s/mime / mail encryption
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:47:10 +0000

On 03/11/11 18:02, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
Thank you for sharing your experiences guys,

I only started thinking about this recently, when I had to send some
documents to a banker. The issue is that I'm sure most bankers are not
internet-savvy, they might not even know how to download something from
a website (the alternative would be to put the docs in a SSL-protected
URL with http basic auth). So in order to complete the transaction I had
to send the documents via email anyway. Noth

Unfortunately, you don't have any control over what they do with the encrypted document once they have received it. In all likleyhood they decrypt it and leave it in plain text on their hard drive. Or more likely print it out and stick it to their screen next to the PostIt note with their login password:)

Ian.