Re: [O] org-taskjuggler export problems

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] org-taskjuggler export problems
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 17:27:26 +0100

Hi

Johnny <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to export a simple project plan from org to taskjuggler
> through org-taskjuggler.el. I cannot get the behavour I expect and
> need do some manual tweaks to get the taskjuggler file working. What
> am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. You've hit some bugs in the taskjuggler
exporter.

> 1) The 'end' date specified in the ':taskjuggler_project' base is ignored and
> the default 280d is used. Because the project duration is long this
> throws an error. The 'start' date however seems properly picked up.

Indeed the end date is not picked up. I remember to have tried to fix
this once, but the problem is that the root task serves as both a
container for the project attributes and is a task at the same time. So
if you define the end, you'll both define the end of the project and the
task, which might not be what you want. Can you try to increase the
org-export-taskjuggler-default-project-duration instead?

> 2) The 'task_id' fields are not exported properly.

The taskjuggler exporter uses the task_ids you define just for
dependency resolution. Other than that it creates automatic ids based on
the title of the task. The assumption is that you are not that
interested in defining ids. What do you need them for?

> 3) The 'precedes' property is not exported at all

Yes, this is not implemented. Could you use 'depends' instead? And
possibly use alap scheduling?

Hope that helps
Christian

--