Re: [O] org-capture-template: "SCHEDULED:" obsolete?

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [O] org-capture-template: "SCHEDULED:" obsolete?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:30:19 +0100

On 11/05/2011 11:35 PM, Marius Hofert wrote:

> Apparently, the string "SCHEDULED:" is not required for an entry to appear in
> agenda view.

Hi Marius,

cause the entry to appear in the agenda only on the given day, whereas
SCHEDULED: <date> will also cause the entry to be displayed on the
current day if it is scheduled in the past and has not been marked DONE yet.

To see what I mean, put the following entries into an agenda file:

* Test 1
  SCHEDULED: <2011-11-05 Sat>

* DONE Test 2
  SCHEDULED: <2011-11-05 Sat>

* Test 3
  <2011-11-05 Sat>

Because Test 1 it is not marked done, if you refresh your agenda view
today, you will see something like this:

 Sched. 2x:  Test 1

Test 2 does not show up because it is marked DONE and Test 3 does not
show up because it does not contain the SCHEDULED keyword.

(Note that Test 1 will only show up on the agenda view for today and the
day it was scheduled for when you look at the agenda view for a day in
the past or future, for example by using the weekly or monthly view or
going forward/backward with the f and b keys.

For more information, please refer to Section 8.3, "Deadlines and
scheduling", in the Org manual.

Hope this helps,
  Jan