Re: [O] New version of VimOrganizer, an Org-mode clone in Vim

From: Tom Short
Subject: Re: [O] New version of VimOrganizer, an Org-mode clone in Vim
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 09:31:50 -0400

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Herbert Sitz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> or at a similar place that there is also the possibility to have the
>> vi modal editing paradigm and most of the vi key bindings within Emacs
>> itself by using a vi emulation like Viper mode. (I use Emacs with
>> Viper mode all the time to have the best of both worlds.)
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Michael -- No problem, this issue was of course brought up when I started the
> project a year or so ago.  Actually for the many Vim users who have tried to
> make the transition to Emacs I think it is pretty well known that there are
> several different Vim emulators for Emacs.  (Evil is a fairly new one I still
> want to try out; I'm not sure but I think it's by same team and intended to
> supplant Vimpulse, which itself extends Viper:  http://gitorious.org/evil )

Evil is very nice. I like it a lot and could never get used to
Vimpulse. It is intended to replace Viper/Vimpulse. I second your idea
of better org integration. See here for a start of a customization:

http://zuttobenkyou.wordpress.com/tag/orgmode/

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying VimOrganizer.