Re: [O] About commit named "Allow multi-line properties to be specified

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] About commit named "Allow multi-line properties to be specified in property blocks"
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 20:45:07 +0100

On 11/1/11 8:02 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
As for variable handling, I think the solution is to ensure that on the
code-block side of things, a var string like "foo=3, bar=2, foo=1"
results in,

foo=1
bar=2

that is, subtree variable definitions will pre-empty earlier definitions
of the same variable..

Yes, that sounds like the way to go. My previous message implied that the var string should only contain unique variable names, but I see that that would be needlessly complicated.

This is an interesting approach; I like it better than the property block. I'm sure we will think of other useful applications for cumulative properties, too (conversely, there'll probably be some side effect that will turn around and bite us at some point, though I can't think what it would be).

Yours,
Christian