[O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lines

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lines
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:22:30 -0700

Hi Eric,

Properties can be specified in the properties drawer.  But
multiple-line ones cannot at present (at least not without serializing the way
multiple-line macros are serialized).

Therefore you propose new syntax for multiple-line properties.

I propose that allowing the properties drawer to handle multiple-line
properties might have 3 advantages over adding block syntax.

1: If you want a single-line property, you have a choice.  If you want
a multiple-line
property, you have to use a block.  That seems inconsistent.

2: Some people would probably have use for multiple-line properties, such
as in org-contacts.  Doesn't have to be Babel.  People are used to the
properties drawer.  Also, external parsers are.

3: Nic objects to blocks without discussing them first.

Perhaps upgrading properties drawer will satisfy that objection /and/ be
consistent /and/ allow further uses in Org.

This all presumes we're sticking with properties for Babel.

Samuel

===
Bigotry against people with serious diseases is still bigotry.

===
Bigotry against people with serious diseases is still bigotry.