Re: [O] Link abbreviations, org-files with searches

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Link abbreviations, org-files with searches
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:09:16 +0100

Hi Gustav,

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:55:27 +0100
Gustav Wikström <address@hidden> wrote:

> This works when adding "::" to the end of the link. But with this
> setting I cannot use the link as a simple file-link, eg. the following
> does not work:
>
> #+LINK: foo     file:/long/path/to/file/foo.org::
> [[foo][Description]]
>
> When trying to follow this link I get an error saying that there is
> "no such file: /long/path/to/file/foo.org::"

Of course that won't work! The resulting link is not a valid link
syntax. Since you don't specify a tag, the final link looks like this:

[[file:/path/to/file.org::]]

which is incorrect.

From a test the following worked nicely.

#+LINK: odir2 file:~/org/coding.org

[[odir2][link to file]]

So in conclusion, if you want to use both bare file/directory links as
well as headline/search links, you would have to define two separate
link shortcuts.

Hope that helps.

--
Suvayu