Re: [O] Orgmode performance problem and "solution"

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Orgmode performance problem and "solution"
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:30:29 +0200

Hi Rainer,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 14:16, Rainer Stengele
<address@hidden> wrote:
> No, the old repo
>
> git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git
>
> I used is some time behind the one I use now.
> If I want to get a fix immediately I learned I have to use the new repo
> git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
>
> I hope I got this right.

I should have been explicit. To change the remote repo, all you need
to do is update the url in the .git/config file.

[remote "origin"]
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
        url = git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
       ^^^^^
You can also update the url with the following command:

$ git config remote.origin.url git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

Once you have done that, all you need is `git pull` to get the latest.

> Rainer

Hope this helps in the future.

--
Suvayu