Re: [O] notify, when something to do

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] notify, when something to do
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 23:29:19 +0200

Hi Peter,

address@hidden (Peter Münster) writes:

> - I think, I'll need a filter for org-agenda-to-appt, because I only
>   want TODO items. Should be no problem.

Yes -- just use a function who tries to match the TODO keyword
against the entry.

> - How to distinguish between SCHEDULED and DEADLINE?  I'll
>   investigate...

I introduced the ability to use

(org-agenda-to-appt nil t :scheduled)

if you just want to get scheduled appointments.  This might
speeds things and make them more flexible.

> - Perhaps the main problem: appt does not know about warning periods.
>   There are items with "-3d", other with "-5M"[1]. There is only one
>   universal appt-message-warning-time. Would it be possible, to have a
>   individual warning-time for each todo-item, directly computed from the
>   warning time in the org-timestamp?

Check what info is available as text properties in the agenda
(with `C-u C-x =') and see if you can use this information in
a filter function.

HTH,

--
 Bastien