Re: [O] FYI: Org mode testing framework, Emacs 23 and 22

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] FYI: Org mode testing framework, Emacs 23 and 22
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 10:19:55 -0600

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Bastien,
>
> Bastien wrote:
>> Hi Eric and David,
>> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I suppose the next step here would be to talk to Bastien about setting
>>> up such a system on the org-mode server.
>>
>> For the record, I'm all for a server-side setup that will test
>> latest Org on a regular basis.

Fantastic.

>> Jason, depending on our server resources, would that be feasible
>> to run regular (cron'ed) tests?  What is the best frequency?
>
> Wouldn't the best frequency be: at every commit?
>
> That's not for the minute (maybe even less) it takes to run the 102 tests, I
> guess...

$ time emacs -Q --batch \
    -l ~/.emacs.d/src/org/testing/org-test.el \
    --eval "(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)" \
    -f org-test-run-batch-tests 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null \
4.00s user 0.44s system 56% cpu 7.834 total

So at 8 seconds (on my machine) it shouldn't put too much load on the
server to run after every commit, we would just want to be sure that
multiple instances of the test suite are not run at once.  A check to
only run the suite if it is not currently running shouldn't be difficult
to run.

I can work with Jason offline to figure out how to set this up.

Cheers -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/