Re: [O] [babel] Cannot use R and sh

From: Bernd Weiss
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Cannot use R and sh
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:58:52 -0400

On 20.10.2011 14:49, Nick Dokos wrote:

[...]

> AFAIK, the syntax is (note the BABEL and the :session)
>
> #+BABEL: :session *R*
>
> With that, I can certainly reproduce what you get and it
> is indeed the global session that causes it. If you
> want a global session for all the other code blocks but
> want to override it for the single shell block, you can do:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :session *SH*
> ls -a
> #+END_SRC

Thanks, Nick, for your reply! I hadn't thought about overriding the "R
session". Good idea!

With respect to the "#+BABEL..." syntax, I vaguely remember that this is
deprecated. The Org Mode Manual, however, (still) mentions both ways...
<http://orgmode.org/org.html#Header-arguments-in-Org_002dmode-properties>.

Again, thanks,

Bernd