Re: [O] Prompt for time when clocking in?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Prompt for time when clocking in?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:35:04 -0400

John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Nathan Neff <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Is there a way to pull up a date/time prompt when clocking in to a task?
> >
> > Sometimes, I started a task 15 minutes ago, and have to go through the
> > following
> > steps:
> >
> > 1) clock in on the task,
> > 2) Go to the CLOCK section for that header and press tab to open it
> > 3) Fix the clock-in time
> >
> > If it's not built in, does anyone have any slick functions that would
> > accomplish
> > the same thing? :-)
>
> Check out a thread I started a bit back on this exact topic:
> --- http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg40498.html
>
> It wasn't exactly what I expected, the suggestion by Bernt for `M-x
> org-resolve-clocks` works reasonably well if you are trying to clock
> back-to-back activities. Post back after you read that perhaps? Maybe
> you'll find something helpful.

org-clock-in takes an optional start-time argument which is used instead
of the current time when non-nil. So I tried

(setq ct (current-time))
(setq start-time (cons (car ct) (list (- (cadr ct) 900) (caddr ct))))

and started a clock on a task with

ESC ESC : (org-clock-in nil start-time)

and it got clocked in 15 minutes before the current time.

Now I don't propose this as a good UI :-), but it would require just a
small wrapper for it to dtrt.

HTH,
Nick