Re: [O] LaTeX export crashes

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export crashes
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:13:49 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ken Williams <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Ken Williams <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Hi, the following document makes a LaTeX export (C-c C-e d) crash with
> > > "Args out of range: "", -1, 0".  After that, exporting (to any format)
> > > dies with the same error.
> > > [snip]
> >
> > Then Sebastien Vauban wrote:
> > > Works for me, with Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.381.ge8629.dirty).
> >
> > Here's a full stack trace, does this make it any more evident what's going
> > on?
> >

> Not really: you have not mentioned what version you are using. Chances are
> you are running an older version which has the problem, Seb is running
> a recent 7.7 which does not exhibit the problem (I tried it too: works for
> me as well with Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.392.g35d92)).
> So upgrade to latest and see if you can reproduce the problem.

BTW, I suspect that commit 597e1eb4fe7b2674c2d5233f215217f7b35e4035 is what
fixed this problem. Given that this was done on Sept. 13, you need to run
something later than that to pick up the fix (or cherry pick the patch and
apply it to your version, but I wouldn't recommend this course of action).
The recommendation stands: upgrade!

Nick