Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2), … ?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2), … ?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:16:10 +0100

> On 15.10.2011, at 16:14, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> On 14.10.2011, at 13:31, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> That is not the only criterion.  Adding new syntax elements make more
>>> ASCII sequences special.  The Org markup is a heuristic set of
>>> special elements, and there is merrit in keeping it small.  We already
>>> have more bullets and in particular numbered types - and so far
>>> I have not seen a compelling reason to add more.
>>>
>>> - Carsten
>>
>> I am in the "keep it simple school".  So long as org allows me to
>> distinguish between numbered and unnumbered itemised lists, I am
>> happy.  I actually would prefer less choices than there are currently
>> because I would like to get to my choice more quickly when I do use
>> C-c - to change the type!
>>
>> To me, org is about information and time management, not about
>> formatting.  YMMV, of course!
>>
>> To be blunt, I would be happy with "-" and "1." in org, knowing that I
>> can customise upon export if necessary!  I'm not suggesting we go this
>> far, however ;-)
>
> Since backward compatibility is necessary, this counts as a vote for a
> customizable sequence, as proposed by Nicolas, do I see this right?
>
> So maybe this *is* a good idea, but I would be agains adding new list
> types.

I guess I was voting without realising that I was ;-)  I'm happy with
things as they are but definitely would have no problem with a
customisable list, one that I would tend to shorten!

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.381.g05ea)