[O] Invisible Blocked Tasks and Tag Searches

From: Florian Beck
Subject: [O] Invisible Blocked Tasks and Tag Searches
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:26:42 +0200

Hello!

I just spent nearly two hours figuring out why

(setq org-stuck-projects
      '("/PROJECT"
        nil nil
        "\\<\\(SCHEDULED\\|DEADLINE\\): <"))

wouldn't work for me.

It would only display some projects. In fact, it would only show projects
without any subentries.

Turns out, that is because I have `org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks' set to
'invisible.

Doesn't seem right to me. Manual and docstring give the impression, the
variable would only affect the agenda (as in »C-c a a«). Admittedly, it
makes also sense for the todo list. But not for tag searches or stuck
projects.

By the way, I solved the problem by advising
`org-agenda-list-stuck-projects' and `org-tags-view'. Is there an easier
way to override variables for a specific agenda command?

--
Florian Beck