Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2) , … ?

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2) , … ?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:24:21 +0200

Hi everyone,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it psychologically very taxing to see 1. instead of a (1) in an Org
> buffer. Could it be so taxing that a user's productivity will be
> impacted by it?

For my personal use I don't care much as long as there are
ordered/enumerated and unordered/plain lists to choose from, after all
only the exported file is for public consumption. :) However I
strongly feel _against_ the '*' syntax. Its too close to a headline.
It is also unusable if one chooses not to use indentation for the text
under a headline (e.g. below). I often prefer this as deeply nested
(say, level 4) headlines often start to run out of columns due to
wrapping.

** Heading

Some list
* list item 1
* list item 2

> Or
>
> Is it that more varieties of bullets is needed for creating "rich"
> deeply nested lists so that each level of the list can take on a
> different bullet for better differentiation.

This is pretty much the reason I switch list types. Something like:

1) some broad point
   + Case 1
     - comment on something of note
   + Case 2
2) another broad point

That said, I would probably use the customize option.

--
Suvayu