Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2), … ?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2), … ?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:35:39 +0530

>   What about letting go those two variables and create
>   `org-list-bullet-types', which would be a list of strings like:
>
>            '("-" "+" "*" "1." "1)" "(1)" "a." "a)" "A)" "A.")
>
>   It would be hard-coded but every bullet type could be opt-in or
>   opt-out via customize. The default value should be as short as
>   possible like '("-" "+" "*" "1." "a.").
>
>   I can work it out in a few days if we agree.

What percentage of users (OK, not percentage of users but numbers of
users) you think will *actually* exercise the opt-in and opt-out
configuration if provided?

If the number of hands raised is in single digits, I would assume that
it is more of a niche feature and let go of it.

Is it psychologically very taxing to see 1. instead of a (1) in an Org
buffer. Could it be so taxing that a user's productivity will be
impacted by it?

Or

Is it that more varieties of bullets is needed for creating "rich"
deeply nested lists so that each level of the list can take on a
different bullet for better differentiation.