Re: [O] Agenda view: ignoring everything that is DONE

From: Chris Wallace
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda view: ignoring everything that is DONE
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:45:37 +0100

On 10/10/11 14:52, Jason Dunsmore wrote:
Chris Wallace<address@hidden>  writes:

I want to include in my agenda only things that are TODO, or are
scheduled and not marked DONE, or have a deadline and are not marked
DONE.  This is how agenda worked a year ago before I went on maternity
leave, and now something has changed and I am seeing lots of DONE
tasks which had a deadline -780 days ago.

I have tried removing all org customisations relating to the agenda
and todo list, and have read the agenda part of the manual, but I
can't get this to work.

You can use:

(setq org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
(setq org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
(setq org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)

Jason,

thank you for the quick reply. I do have those variables set. I have now commented one by one every line in my org setup and customisation and found that the problem only occurs when customize includes the line:

'(org-todo-keywords (quote ((sequence "TODO" "DONE" "|" "CANCELLED"))))

This I set from within customize-variable, and appears to follow the description given for that variable. Perhaps it is clashing with something else, I will keep searching, but if you know of anything else that is possibly responsible I would be grateful.

Chris.

This is in the FAQ:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#removing-done-items-from-agenda

Regards,