Re: [O] Using org-babel in other modes?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Using org-babel in other modes?
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 20:08:51 -0400

Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

> Org-babel does a magic thing where you get to edit and view your source
> code blocks in their native modes.  Wow!
>
> I also happen to use markdown-mode to write blog articles.  How hard, on
> a scale from "read the source and figure it out" to "org-babel already
> has the hooks; you can do it in 5 minutes," would it be to integrate the
> org-babel stuff with markdown?
>
> Seems like this trick would be extremely useful for quite a few modes
> (RestructuredText, anyone?)
>
> Thanks,

Is it just a matter of defining the mode to use for some new source?

For plantuml I have the following:

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 (quote org-babel-load-languages)
 (quote ((emacs-lisp . t)
         (dot . t)
         (ditaa . t)
         (R . t)
         (python . t)
         (ruby . t)
         (gnuplot . t)
         (clojure . t)
         (sh . t)
         (ledger . t)
         (org . t)
         (plantuml . t)
         (latex . t))))

(add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes (quote ("plantuml" . fundamental)))

This enables fundamental-mode when I C-c ' on a plantuml block

#+begin_src plantuml :file foo.png

#+end_src

Does that help?

Regards,