Re: [O] [Orgmode] Extending paste to auto-archive a copied image

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] [Orgmode] Extending paste to auto-archive a copied image
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 13:46:40 -0500

*bump*

I think this would be an awesome feature. Some of us use highly-graphic OSes such as OSX and Windows (or maybe Linux with Gnome), and being able to interact with the desktop is a great feature. Imagine being able to drag and drop a file directly to emacs and delegate the attachment to org, besides, optionally, an icon could be shown (not really needed).

Copying and pasting an image would also be nice. Right now, I can't do this. I can drag and drop files but emacs will just insert the contents of the file inline. There must be a way to tell emacs to run a custom piece of elisp code with the basic event information gathered from the paste/drag and drop... or there isn't?

Cheers,

- Marcelo.