Re: [O] would take more than an org-mode strip-down.

From: Carson Chittom
Subject: Re: [O] would take more than an org-mode strip-down.
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 08:28:53 -0500

"Allen S. Rout" <address@hidden> writes:

> In My Opinion, the current docs in org-mode are targeted at those who
> expect to have their own heads and shoulders inside the 'engine
> compartment' of org and emacs.  This makes them a poor tool to
> communicate with End-Users.  But this might be acceptable, because
> there's no hood on the engine, and the bloody thing is steered with a
> rudder and laterals, instead of the nice sane wheel and pedals
> everyone else uses. :)

I've always thought that Marus Ranum's comment[1] on X applied equally well
to Emacs:  "If the designers of [Emacs] built cars, there would be no
fewer than five steering wheels hidden about the cockpit, none of which
followed the same principles---but you'd be able to shift gears with
your car stereo.  Useful feature, that."

Of course, he was being snarky, but some people (me!) *want* to be able
to change gears with the stereo.

[1] http://www.art.net/~hopkins/Don/unix-haters/x-windows/disaster.html