Re: [O] How to debug "Specified time is not representable"

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] How to debug "Specified time is not representable"
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 13:42:21 +0200

* Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> A simple M-x grep-find on .org files for the year should work.
>>
>> I do not know the year.
>
> That is what regexps are for.
[...]
> It is not my intention to provide you with a outright solution but only
> to give sufficient hints so that you make progress.

:-)

Thanks. I know RegEx perfectly good. Irritating entries could be
located by...

    find . -name "*\.org*"|xargs egrep '<19[0-6]|<20[3-9]'

...since I am using *lots* of Orgmode files.

My point was more or less usability-related: what use is the message
«Specified time is not representable» when the user (anybody, not
just RegEx experts like us) gets no clue, where the problem is?

So I was curious, if there *is* some method I do not know (yet).

If the answer is «no, there is no way of telling you the actual time
stamp that causes the message», my question is answered. Bad for
Emacs/Orgmode usability but fine with me so far.

So is this really the case?

--
Karl Voit